The Authors of Writes of Passage

The Authors of Writes of Passage

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting my land legs

It's back to reality and I must say, it's nice to be home.

The cruise was wonderful! Full of great family time, lots of laughs and treasured conversations on balconies and decks, moments of relaxation squeezed in among para-sailing (and para-dunking), eating, zip-lining, more eating, swimming with dolphins, still more eating, and other activities on the ship--including the life jacket drill (right) before we set sail.

Some quick pics:
One of Joe and me, one of our kids, one with my sweet dad, then the entire family--my parents, my older brother and his wife and their two boys, and sweet Alli Schisler (Kelsey's best friend from high school who accompanied us as Kelsey's "graduation present." What a doll Alli is). [The group pic was taken on one of the two "formal dining nights" before which I apparently missed the wear black memo.]










I'm busy catching up on life and laundry and am grateful for meds (outcome of my trip to the doctor yesterday) as I brought home a sore throat and cold with me--one souvenir I could have done without. But ah well...this too shall pass.

Mom starts her chemo this Thursday so we appreciate your continued prayers for her as we begin walking this road. She and dad and I sat on their balcony one night last week and tried to remember each of dad's birthdays (he turned 77 last Thursday while on the cruise), and it was amazing how few we could recall with clarity. So much of life becomes a blur with time and age. :)

But there are moments that stand out from all the others, and one of those for me was last week as Joe and I watched the sun set over Miami. Can you see the buildings in the orb of the sun?

Breathtaking! But this particular view only lasted for a handful of seconds, and it reminded me again of how brief this life is, and of James 4:14--

How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.

The longer I live and the closer I get to my forever home, I find comfort in knowing how truly brief our lives are here when compared to eternity. So here's to filling my (our) remaining days with as many memorable moments as possible, and to making them all a glory to Him.

~Tammy

P.S. Congrats to our Robin for being named in the TOP FIVE for the Holt Medallion for Wagered Heart in the Long Inspirational category! Proud of you, Robin!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tammy. Welcome home. Loved seeing all those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Welcome Home" Tammy! Thank you for letting us have a peek into your cruise week - - how wonderful you all had that special time together. The pics are all great (your Parents make a precious couple) and it sounds like it was a fabulous trip! ~ Continued prayers going up daily for your sweet Mom, and also praying you feel better soon (a summer cold/sore throat can be miserable). ~ Hugs, Patti Jo :)
    P.S. I'm sure little Jack is glad you're home again!! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,
    I think the photo of you in the life jacket should be your new author photo. Welcome home.
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm clicking my heels, Robin. There's no place like home.

    Patti Jo, I'm not sure who was more thrilled to see each other--us to see Jack or Jack to see us! We sure love this little guy!

    And great suggestion, Tracie! I've already contacted Bethany House, giving you credit for the idea of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post and photos. Hey, I think you did the right thing with the Red in that sea of Black!!

    I had to laugh at your mention of para---dunking! Hard to miss a mouthful of sea water when you're laughing that much.

    What special moments you all have from that wonderful family vacation.

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you're here. Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.